*Synopsis:Please provide a synopsis (overview) of the book. As you write your synopsis, you may want to consider the following questions:
- What is the main thrust of the plot?
- How would you describe the characters?
- Where and when does the story transpire?
- What is the conflict or problem?
- Is there an identifiable central conflict or problem, or a complex of conflicts and problems?
- Is the conclusion fulfilling?
- How is the theme revealed?
- Is the pace satisfying?
- How does the point of view affect the story?
- What stylistic elements are used?
- How is the tone set?
- Does the book remind you of others by the same author, or in the same genre?
- Is the book part of a series or tied to another work of fiction?
- What is the purpose of the book?
- What is the topic of the book?
- What is the scope of the book?
- Who will find this book most useful?
- What level of experience is needed to use the information in the book?
- What text structural pattern (sequence, description, cause/effect, comparison/contrast) is used to organize the book?
- What text features are available (i.e. table of contents, headings, italics, maps, photos, graphs and charts, etc.)?