The mission of the
Center for Teaching and Learning
is to promote and support professional development for all faculty at New Jersey City University
To accomplish this mission, the
will: (1) provide faculty with resources
to sustain a learning culture that promotes the best education for our students, encourages the development of professional teaching as a practice and scholarly activity, and that creates strong links among University departments and faculty/staff learning communities; (2) provide an environment where faculty feel comfortable sharing ideas about teaching and where they can develop increased confidence about the effectiveness of their teaching practice.
Center for Teaching and Learning Goals
- to promote a collaborative culture of exemplary teaching where faculty are dedicated to continual progress toward excellence.
- to provide resources and support for faculty self-assessment and the opportunity to receive feedback on one’s teaching.
- to provide a comprehensive program of faculty support for academic program and student learning assessment activities.
- to provide assessment resources and internal consulting to assist academic departments with assessment planning.
- to provide resources for faculty, including a lending library of educational books, articles and videotapes, and a website which provides a menu of services and serves as a repository for useful information.
- to provide support for adjunct faculty professional development.