Instructions for Requesting Tutoring
Free peer-led tutoring is available to all NJCU students enrolled in Biology classes. Students can make an appointment for tutoring using our online reservation system. This system can be accessed from any computer at any time.
1. The address for the tutor scheduling website is http://njcu.mywconline.com/.
2. First-time users of the system will need to register for an account using an email and password. Once an account is created, users can click the link to login to the system.
3. When logging in, be sure to use the drop-down menu to choose in which subject you would like tutoring. Currently, you can request tutoring for biology, chemistry, and math.
4. Once you log in, you will be taken to a schedule with a list of tutors and their availability. The current week will display, but you can navigate to upcoming weeks by clicking "Next Week."
You can find out what classes each tutor can
help with when you click on their name.
The classes are listed under “Tutor Bio.” Make sure you choose a tutor who can help with the subject area you need before you make your appointment.
You can make an appointment by clicking on the
tutor’s name or by clicking on an available slot. On the request form, you will need to enter the date, time,
instructor, course, and what you want to work on during your appointment.
7. Click “save appointment” once you have filled out the request form.
8. Appointments cannot be made less than 24 hours before the requested time.
9. You can cancel an appointment by clicking on it. Click the “Cancel this appointment?” box and then click save.
10. Please be respectful of your tutor’s time and provide at least 24 hours notice if you need to cancel an appointment.ONLY in the case of an emergency, you can cancel an appointment by calling the Biology department at 201-200-3054.
11. Please be advised that students may be prevented from participating in the tutoring program if they miss more than two appointments without providing notice ahead of time.
12. Unless other arrangements are made with the tutor, all tutoring appointments will take place in the Biology library, S326.
13. Students who have received tutoring should make sure that they sign their tutor’s timesheet to confirm that the appointment took place.
Thank you for taking part in our tutoring program!