Changes Saved.
Error Occurred!

How do I transfer credits for a graduate program?

For the purpose of transfer credit, courses taken at another accredited college or university must be approved by the University Admissions and academic departments. Students who wish to have courses considered for transfer credit must submit the following items to the University Admissions, Hepburn Hall 206:
    (1) an "official" copy of the transcript(s) indicating the successful completion of each course to be considered for transfer
    (2) a copy of the description of each course from the applicable school catalog(s)
    (3) a completed "Student Request for Transfer Credit" form (available both online http://njcugrad.info/forms-library/ and at the University Admissions, Hepburn Hall 206).
Transfer of credits from another college or university may be considered only after the student is fully matriculated in a degree program. Requests will be reviewed by the appropriate department and/or Graduate Program Coordinator, who will make a recommendation for approval/disapproval to the University Admissions.
A maximum of one quarter of the number of credits required for a master's degree may be accepted as transfer credits from an accredited college or university if the courses for which they were earned are similar in purpose and content to those offered at NJCU, and are clearly integrated with the student's program as judged by the student's advisor and the University Admissions. Transfer credits must carry a grade of "B" (3.0) or higher; pass/fail credits are not transferable. Credits which are seven years old, or older, are not applicable to a graduate program at New Jersey City University.
Credits earned to complete a previous degree may not be applied toward another degree at New Jersey City University.
However, up to thirty graduate credits in psychology earned at an accredited college or university other than New Jersey City University, may be accepted as transfer credits toward the combination program offering a professional diploma in school psychology and school psychology certification eligibility. In addition, up to thirty credits from the master’s degree program earned at an accredited college or univeristy will be applied to the 90-credit sequence doctorate degree programs.
Should credits be accepted for transfer, the student's advisor will submit a "Graduate Transfer" to the University Admissions. After matriculation, the student is not expected to enroll for a course at another institution except for very compelling reasons, and then only with the written approval of the student's advisor. The research component of any major must be taken at New Jersey City University.

Related Articles