New Jersey Space Grant Consortium
NJCU has joined forces with other other institutions in New Jersey Space Grant Consortium (NJSGC) to promote, with support and funding from NASA, the following goals:
- Build research infrastructures and capabilities in aerospace-related/high technology fields.
- Improve mathematics, science, technology and engineering education at all levels, kindergarten through graduate school.
- Foster partnerships among industry, government and private entities to meet Space Grant goals.
- Enhance public science literacy.
To fulfilment of its mission, NJSGC strives:
- To provide undergraduate and graduate level fellowships and scholarships;
- To support programs for K-12 students with special focus on minorities and underserved;
- To support faculty enhancements and curriculum development;
- To provide seed funding to support cutting edge research initiatives;
- To support programs to enhance science and space exploration literacy or the general public;
- To provide K-12 Science Education Fellowships;
- To support informal science education program for individuals of all ages;
- To foster Educational Technology Transfer; and
- To support NJ systemic improvements in science, mathematics and technology.
This program offers financial support to research by undergraduate and graduate students.
For more information, please contact:
Dr. Alberto A. Pinkás
Department of Physics
New Jersey City University
2039 Kennedy Boulevard
Jersey CIty, NJ 07305
To be considered for the program complete and submit the corresponding application forms.